Experienced Senior UI/UX Designer specializing in mobile apps, games and responsive websites. My specific design experience includes determining the functionality of a project, designing the wireframes, mock ups and flow charts, as well as creating all the necessary art assets. I also have experience writing and recording music and sound effects. I can work independently or with a team. My goal is to create the best user experience possible.
GungHo, Senior UI/UX Designer (Los Angeles, CA, April 2015 - Present)
I lead the UI/UX design efforts of our mobile games and responsive websites. This includes working with Designers on functionality, sketching out ideas and putting them into wireframes and flow charts, creating any necessary art assets and writing design specs for the engineers. I'm also the director of the creative team and manage the junior artists.
Freelance UI & Sound Designer (Los Angeles, CA, July 2013 - April 2015)
- Word Drop - currently designing a word game for iOS and Android.
- Spark Unlimited - conceptualized the UI layout and user flow of a Monster themed mobile game for iOS.
- Hello Studios - UI design and recording of all the sound effects and theme music for a Keno style game based on real money gambling on iOS.
- LastLook - UI design for a fashion app on iOS.
- Emerge Album - recorded and designed the latest CD/Book for my band Sturgeon.
Zynga, UI Artist (San Francisco & Los Angeles, CA, Aug 2009 - June 2013)
UI artist on the mobile games team. Responsible for designing the overall look and feel of each project. This included designing the necessary art assets and writing specs with layout and functionality info for the engineers. Projects included Cityville Hometown, Forestville, Holy Mackerel, Poker, Stacks and the Mobile Social Channel.
Also worked as a lead artist on PetVille, an online social game played via Facebook. Successfully designed and set up art guidelines for internal assets within the game. Produced artwork and maintained the game on a weekly basis. Worked with project managers to design new UI features used to entice players back. Designed the overall look and feel of the Petville neighborhood. And I even wrote and recorded a few of the very first PetVille theme songs.
NewGrooveMusic.com, Art Director (Los Angeles, CA, March 2008 - Dec. 2008)
Responsible for the art direction of NewGrooveMusic. This included conceptualizing the overall look and feel and working with engineers to design and maintain the website.
- Designed the look and feel of the NGM logo and color schemes.
- Designed and laid out all printed brochures, business cards, CDs and Media Kits.
- Designed and maintained the User Interface of the website.
Demand Media, Graphic Designer (Los Angeles, CA, 2004 - 2008)
Responsible for the design of online games, print media for marketing and the occasional website project. This included characters, logos, icons, color schemes and sound effects. Worked closely with the Production and Engineering teams to perfect features and usability.
- Successfully designed the following games: Gold Miner Special Edition, Gold Miner Vegas, Gold Miner's Holiday Haul, Fridge Words, Hansel's Mining Co., High Tide and Pool.
- Recorded the sound effects for the above games. Also recorded theme song For Gold Miner's Holiday Haul and Gold Miner Special Edition.
- Designed print material for the eNom/Demand Media launch party in Vegas and the DotTV/Deuce's Wild launch party at the Roosevelt Hotel, Hollywood.
- Designed the layout and updated the original Grab.com website.
- Created more marketing banner ads and Flash promos than I want to admit.
Pogo.com, division of Electronic Arts, Game Designer (San Francisco, CA, 1998 - 2004)
Designed the artwork, including characters, logos, icons, color schemes and sound effects of online game interfaces. Worked closely with the Production and Engineering teams to perfect features and usability. All work required an understanding of the project life cycle, from idea inception to launch. Designed and updated the company web site graphics as needed. Provided the Marketing department with promotional artwork for online advertising, t-shirts and posters.
- Successfully designed the following online game interfaces: Poppit, Buckaroo Blackjack, Hot Pepper Poker, Video Poker, Jokers Wild Video Poker, Galactic Attack, Triviatron, NFL Triviatron, 5 Alarm Trivia, Nissan Trivia, Olympic Trivia, Trivia of Love.
- Designed Spike, the cactus character in the game Poppit, and Dealin' Dan, the card dealer in the game Buckaroo Blackjack.
- Recorded the sound effects for all the games above as well as Hammerhead Pool.
- Designed the web interface for the Ten.net site, Pogo.com site and Pogo Underground Teen Site, and also provided the basic HTML.
- Designed several logo identities for Ten.net.
- Designed the t-shirt artwork for the game Poppit and the AOL Partnership Launch.
Expertise on a Mac and/or PC with the usual suspects; Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, MS Word, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, XML, etc.
Download one page version here: Chris Wieber Resume (PDF file)